Public procurements make trades worth billions of euros available to you. But do you know where to find public invitations to tender and what you should take into account when preparing a tender? We advise you on all public procurement matters and help you set up a search alert.
We will offer you free, low-threshold advice to enable you to submit tenders for public competitive tendering. We will assist you in finding invitations to tender, preparing tenders, using electronic procurement systems and devising search alerts. We will also organise procurement events specific to various sectors and municipalities, which you can find in our event calendar. Advice is free of charge.
You can contact us in all matters related to public procurement, such as:
- Finding invitations to tender in various procurement portals.
- Setting up a free-of-charge search alert to enable you to receive real-time emails when invitations to tender in your branch of activity are published.
- Using the various electronic procurement systems.
- Preparing a tender.
- Other matters such as requests for speakers for different procurement events.
The annual volume of public procurement in Finland amounts to approximately EUR 47 billion - are you ready to take your share of that?
Tips for entrepreneurs on public procurements:
- Participate in market dialogues and respond to requests for information - this is your way to influence invitations to tender!
- Create a search alert on Hilma – this way, you don’t need to spend time and effort to search for invitations to tender.
- Join the “Luotettava kumppani” (“trusted partner”) service. Joining the service is not mandatory, but it will facilitate the bidding process. The service collects and includes in a register all the appendices that you need under the Act on the Contractor's Obligations and Liability when Work is Contracted Out, which you always need if a tendering process exceeds EUR 5,000.
- Take into account the important dates, suitability and minimum requirements of an invitation to tender and the comparison criteria. What is required of the product or service offered - remember to start bidding on time!
- Please note that the tenderer may also be a start-up company or a newly established company.
- If the invitation to tender contains turnover or reference requirements, submit your tender as part of a consortium - it is worth utilising your networks!
- Manage your customers well and give them constructive feedback during the contract period.
- Utilise Business Joensuu's free procurement advisory service.
- Do not hesitate to tell us about your new ideas - you can also sell B2B to the public sector.
- Stay “up to date” with your business; as the world changes, so do procurements.
Hyödyllisiä linkkejä tarjoajalle
HILMA i.e. www.hankintailmoitukset.fi – national and EU-level procurement notices, market surveys and contract award notices.
Here is a video (in Finnish) on how to set up a search alert; you can also contact Business Joensuu's Procurement Advice Team that can help you set it up!
www.tarjouspalvelu.fi – submitting tenders for national and EU-level procurement. Small procurements are now also announced in Tarjouspalvelu, which means that it is worth following this page.
www.hankintakalenteri.fi – future competitive tendering and procurement decisions.
www.vastuugroup.fi – “Luotettava kumppani” (“trusted partner”) service
In all procurements exceeding EUR 5,000, the tenderer must attach to the tender the appendices stated in the Act on the Contractor's Obligations and Liability when Work is Contracted Out. By joining the trusted partner service, the programme will retrieve these appendices from different registers and keep the information up to date. Joining the trusted partner service is not mandatory, but it will facilitate the bidding process.
www.hankinnat.fi – plenty of general information on public procurements
Procurement advice has been offered to North Karelian entrepreneurs since 2014. Business Specialist Pinja Konttinen at Business Joensuu has been providing advice since 2020. Project funding: Business Joensuu Oy, North Karelia Entrepreneurs' Association, LieKe Oy and PIKES Ltd.