Business Joensuu is committed to making its websites accessible in compliance with the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services and the EU Accessibility Act.
This accessibility statement applies to the businessjoensuu.fi website, published on 25 January 2023. The accessibility statement has been prepared on the 16 January 2023. The statement has been updated on the 16 June 2023.
The Finnish Digital Services Act (306/2019) have been taken into account in the design, implementation and content of the website. The Act on the Provision of Digital Services requires compliance with the A and AA level criteria of the WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
Accessibility will also be taken into account when the site is developed further or the content is updated.
The state of accessibility has been assessed by Avidly.
The state of accessibility of the website
The website is partly compliant with the accessibility requirements. Non-compliance with the requirements and applicable exceptions to the requirements are set forth below.
Non-accessible content of the website
Website and blocks/content/functions that are not yet compliant with the four main principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- 1.2.1 Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded) (A): Videos that only contain images are missing text alternative (videos published after 23.9.2020)
- 1.3.1 Info and Relationships (A):
- Empty heading and list elements.
- Hidden content has focusable elements.
- 1.4.4 Resize text (AA): Email addresses in the sidebar are clipped when the font is resized. Won't be fixed. Fixing does not significantly affect the accessibility of the site in context of email links but may degrade the readability.
- No observations.
- 3.3.1 Error Identification (A): Insufficient identifying of form errors. Will be fixed when possible. The content management system used does not currently allow changing the error messages of the forms.
- 3.3.3 Error Suggestion (AA): Insufficient form error correction suggestion for email format. Will be fixed when possible. The content management system used does not currently allow changing the error messages of the forms.
- 4.1.1 Parsing (A): Menu element IDs are not unique. Won't be fixed. Identical IDs are not visible to users at the same time in any situation.
- 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value (A): Deficiencies on several elements.
- Embedded appointment form without a text alternative. Will be fixed when possible. The content management system used does not currently allow added titles to embed elements.
- Incorrect use of ARIA role in forms.
Accessibility in PDF documents
The website contains PDF documents published after 23 September 2018 that do not meet the accessibility requirements.
- PDF documents may not be machine-readable format. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- PDF documents may have layout issues that hamper screen reader use, such as headings with no heading levels or heading levels have been skipped. (WCAG 1.3.1, best practices)
- The table structures in PDF documents may have deficiencies that hamper screen reader use. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There may be shortcomings in file metadata, such as missing titles or incorrect language specifications and author information. (WCAG 4.1.2, 3.1.1)
Above mentioned shortcomings in accessibility are fixed when technically possible.
Content, which is not accessible based on an unreasonable burden
Please find the following list of contents on the website, which are not accessible yet because the exception referred to in Article 5 of Directive (EU) 2016/2102 is temporarily applied due to unreasonable burden.
- Implementing the accessibility complaint to PDF files causes an unreasonable burden so they will not be corrected. The content can be requested as a Word file from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-accessible content not covered by the applied legislation
List of content on the website that is not covered by accessibility legislation.
- Video embedded to the website do not meet all accessible requirements: This is East Finland Film Commission - EFFC (Downloaded to Youtube before September 23, 2020).
- One or more heading levels have been skipped in some content.
More information about non-accessible content can be requested from:
Business Joensuu Oy
puh. +358 50 380 2382
Feedback on accessibility
If you find any accessibility issues on the website that are not addressed in this statement, please tell us. We will reply within 14 days. We are also happy to receive other comments and suggestions for improvements to the accessibility of the website.
You can send your feedback to email@example.com.
Faults and shortcomings will be fixed as soon as possible.
If you are not satisfied with our reply, or if you do not receive any response within two weeks, please send your feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. Detailed information on how to file a complaint and how the matter will be handled is available on the Agency’s website.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
Tel. +358 295 016 000 (switchboard)